Our friend Christina meme-tagged us. If you’re old like me, you might have no idea what this means. Here’s the deal, straight from her blog:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you. (check)
2. Post these rules on your blog. (check)
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your entry.
Since this is a family blog, I thought I’d share some things about each of us. Let’s see…
- Micah likes to talk. And talk, and talk. Her recent favorite subject: talking. “God made me to talk a lot. Because I like to talk, because that’s how God made me. And I talk a lot. I’m talking right now. I’m talking about talking!”
- Ellie is ambidextrous, and has declared that she wants to be an author-illustrator when she grows up. Maybe she can write the stories with one hand and illustrate them with the other.
- Bethany has sight-read 900 words for her first grade class, and is trying to be the first in the class to reach 1000.
- We have a collection of over 260 glass-based (mostly, some are aluminum-based) radio transcription albums, and a custom 1940’s transcription turntable to play them on (if Tim can get it to work). All of it was inherited from my grandfather. The records live in a coffin-sized case, which we call Jaja’s iPod.
- I kill plants. It’s terrible. I’m so bad, I’ve given Bethany the job of taking care of my plants. I think a six-year-old will be more responsible about it than I am. Of course, I’ve promised to pay her a dollar a week if they live so she’s got some motivation.
- Tim has amazing hearing. He can hear things that I think only he and dogs can, like the sound the tv makes when it’s turned on but there’s no sound on. I can occasionally hear that kind of sound on a really old tv, but he can always hear it. He also sleeps with his eyes open. Freaky.
Now, six people to tag. This was hard, since I don’t have that many blogging friends! But here’s my list.