Bc Government Representation Agreement Fillable Form

Representation agreements and permanent powers of attorney are two types of legal documents that allow individuals to plan for the possibility of future disabilities. These are tools that allow a person to appoint another person to manage their personal and health needs and financial affairs in case they are unable to do so themselves. The standard forms published by the Attorney General`s Office are designed to help individuals plan for possible future disabilities. The use of these forms is optional. A person who wishes to enter into a representation contract or a continuing power of attorney does not have to use these standard forms, but must still ensure that their document complies with the requirements of the law. Your representative must also keep careful records of the activities carried out on your behalf and share the records with you, your supervisor and/or the public guardian and the syndic upon request. If your representative in your representation agreement has the authority to manage your financial affairs, they will normally have to keep your assets separate from their own. Unless otherwise specified in your agreement, your agent agreement will come into effect as soon as it is signed and certified. However, it doesn`t need to be used immediately if you don`t need help yet. You may want a trusted third party to keep the document with instructions that they should only share it with your representative when necessary. If your agreement authorizes your agent to handle day-to-day financial matters for you (p.B. By paying your bills or depositing your retirement income), you are required by law to appoint a supervisor if the representative you choose is not your spouse or a credit union, trust or public guardian and trustee.

However, if you elect two or more representatives who must make unanimous decisions in these financial matters, or if you have consulted a lawyer or other prescribed person about your agreement, you are not required to order a supervisor. Section 7 of the Act allows you to enter into a basic representation agreement that covers your daily daily needs. In a section 7 agreement, you may authorize your agent(s) to assist you in making decisions or decisions on your behalf on some or all of the following: The Representation Agreements Resource Centre has an online registry called the Nidus Registry where you can register your continuing power of attorney or agency contract if you wish. The fee is $25.00 for installation and initial registration and $10.00 for each subsequent registration. You can register by visiting www.nidus.ca on the Internet or by asking for help from your family or friends. You can also call the Nidus Registry and Resource Centre for help registering. Your phone number is 604-408-7414. Section 9 of the Act allows you to enter into a representation agreement that gives your representative the authority to make medical and other decisions that are very important to you, including the decision to refuse life-sustaining treatment.

Among the things you can authorize your agent to do on your behalf in a section 9 agreement is the possibility: Standard forms may not be suitable for everyone, as they only provide an option on how to create a representation agreement or permanent power of attorney. These forms provide, for example, for the appointment of only one representative or lawyer at a time. There are also many other options in the legislation that are not reflected in these forms: for example, the type of authorization that can be granted or when the document will enter into force. If you do not want your representation agreement to take effect immediately, you must specify in your agreement the “triggering event” that will lead to the entry into force of the agreement and how and by whom the event is to be confirmed. For example, you could expect your agreement to take effect when your GP thinks – or if some trusted friends agree together – that you are no longer able to make decisions. There is no legally required format for a representation agreement. However, there are specific legal requirements regarding the signing and testimony of representation agreements, as well as regarding the required certificates that must be signed by your representatives, witnesses and others. If your agency contract is not properly signed and attested and the required certificates are completed (in the case of a representation agreement under section 9), it may not be valid.

Representation agreements and permanent powers of attorney are two types of legal documents that allow individuals to plan for the possibility of future disabilities. Please note that the forms and the information accompanying them do not constitute legal advice. For more information, consult the law or seek legal advice. As mentioned above, in a representation agreement, you can give your representatives the authority to deal with personal and health matters, as well as your day-to-day legal and financial matters. Under applicable British Columbia law, agency contracts can also cover important financial matters such as buying or selling real estate. .