I’ve been bad about writing in my gratitude journal this week. But even though I haven’t written them down (and even though I’m a day late posting this), there are plenty of things I’m thankful for. Here are a few from the last couple of days.
17. Baking cookies with my mom
18. Christmas traditions
19. My goofy kids
4. Quick, simple dinners
5. Date nights
6. Morning coffee on the patio
7. Sunny mornings
8. Tim teaching the girls
9. Being awakened by a kiss from my husband
10. Hearing cows mooing from my backyard
11. Hugs from my kids
12. Copland’s Appalachian Spring Suite
13. New life from what seemed dead
14. Time with family
For what this is all about, read this.
I have been feeling more and more like something in me is wrong. There’s a restlessness in me, a lack of contentment in who I am as a parent, a wife, a person, a Christian. Something needs to change. I think this is a good place to start. And by putting this out here for everyone to see, I am making myself accountable.
I am going to start a gratitude journal. Exactly what that will look like, I’m not sure yet. But each Monday, I intend to list those blessings. Here is my very small beginning.
1. Cool breezes through open windows
2. God’s continuous grace and forgiveness
3. New beginnings
Care to join me?